Original writings about Personality development, humanity, social issues, work and management



Saturday, October 13, 2007

Main kaun hoon???

Robbie Speaks on "Who am I"

The title "main kaun hoon??" certainly sounds like a dialogue from a RK Films Production classic movie when the heroine wakes up from coma and people seem to mount on her only to find her suffering from amnesia.

Well this could have been the case. But here, I am sharing with you a critical situation in an interview when the interviewer starts grilling with the initial question like "Tell me something about you" or sometimes addressing the interviewee with his or her name asking "So who is actually "Sarkeshwar". Or maybe how about asking you, "What is the meaning of your name?", "Do you really are what your name suggests?"

This reminds me of a very funny incident which I would like to share with you all. Once I was taking a mock interview. The interviewee name was Amit. I asked him, "So who is Amit?" He replied, "Sir, I'm Amit."
Surely tells me about the presence of mind of that candidate. I'm not criticizing him, it's just that nobody taught him.

... Now how to handle all this?

Firstly, why on earth do I really need to write about it? Because this is the only time when you can guide the interview. Your statements would lead to other popped up questions. The way you choose your words, remarks, opinions and expressions would tell the tale.

Secondly, you should also know what the interviewer is trying to gauge. People have lot of wrong notions about interviews and the interviewers. Let's say he has something from your favorite subject which you fail to give the correct answer. Does that mean who lost your chance? I would say, "Not really".

Please remember, there is no right or wrong answer. There is always a right or a wrong response!!

Important issue is how to prepare yourself in this situation and what all you need to actually talk about while you introduce yourself.

The introduction involves, your career goal, education qualification, co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities, hobbies, interests and achievements. You can always spice them up.

Your records will tell the complete story when you have mentioned them on a piece of paper. So start writing them down now.







1 comment:

Kaur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.